The Ludwig von Mises Institute South Africa defends the market economy, private property, sound money, and peaceful international relations. We believe government intervention is economically and socially destructive. This is our blog.
Help the cause of economic liberty and peace in Africa
Follow us on twitter
Like us on Facebook
Recent blog posts
- Joe Johansen on Don’t forget SARB QE: Part 2
- MarleyMarx on Crisis On The Cape Flats Caused By Decades of Social Engineering
- Daniel on BOE: “Money creation in the modern economy”
- iakovos on New Documentary Explains Global Financial Crisis From the Perspective of the Austrian School of Economics
- Blah on Mandela: The Great Symbol of South Africa’s Unfinished Fight For Liberty
- Say’s Law, Credit Expansion & the Business Cycle March 14, 2014
- Don’t Stop Til You Get Enough December 5, 2013
- Eersteklas ekonomiese satire: Die Petisie van die Kersmakers November 25, 2013
Fraud. Why the Great Recession?
Watch this crowdfunded documentary produced by Austrian school economist Jesus Huerta de Soto, author of "Money, Bank Credit, and Economic Cycles," on what caused the Great Recession. Click to watch it free online.
Monthly Archives: June 2013
I agree almost completely with Bob Wenzel’s post, where he takes Bob Murphy (Austrian economist) to task for gloating to his ‘foes’ about the fact that US Treasury yields rose following Ben Bernanke’s statement that he might taper QE. Bob Murphy is beating … Continue reading
Many of Mises’s propositions are severely criticized even by bourgeois economists. Continue reading
Mises SA scholar and associate Piet le Roux and his colleague Paul Joubert (mises.co.za author archives here and here) of Solidarity Research Institute, last week took delivery of another 17 books that traveled 13,667 km from the Ludwig von Mises … Continue reading