The Ludwig von Mises Institute South Africa defends the market economy, private property, sound money, and peaceful international relations. We believe government intervention is economically and socially destructive. This is our blog.
Help the cause of economic liberty and peace in Africa
Follow us on twitter
Like us on Facebook
Recent blog posts
- Joe Johansen on Don’t forget SARB QE: Part 2
- MarleyMarx on Crisis On The Cape Flats Caused By Decades of Social Engineering
- Daniel on BOE: “Money creation in the modern economy”
- iakovos on New Documentary Explains Global Financial Crisis From the Perspective of the Austrian School of Economics
- Blah on Mandela: The Great Symbol of South Africa’s Unfinished Fight For Liberty
- Say’s Law, Credit Expansion & the Business Cycle March 14, 2014
- Don’t Stop Til You Get Enough December 5, 2013
- Eersteklas ekonomiese satire: Die Petisie van die Kersmakers November 25, 2013
Fraud. Why the Great Recession?
Watch this crowdfunded documentary produced by Austrian school economist Jesus Huerta de Soto, author of "Money, Bank Credit, and Economic Cycles," on what caused the Great Recession. Click to watch it free online.
Tag Archives: Austrian economics
Excellent piece by David Gordon at Mises.org regarding Rothbard’s and Machlup’s differing interpretations of Mises’ methodological approach to economic theory (the a priori aspect of Mises’ praxeology). In “Mises and the Diminished A Priori“, Gordon assesses recent claims (cited by Peter Boettke) by Gabriel … Continue reading
Here are the article summaries and links to full papers in the latest QJAE. The Marginal Efficiency of Capital Edward W. Fuller ABSTRACT: The purpose of this paper is to explain the marginal efficiency of capital. The net present value diagram … Continue reading
Simon Brown (of JustOneLap fame) interviewed me to learn about Austrian economics for the JSE Direct podcast last week. Listen to the interview below (episode 123), or follow this link.