The Ludwig von Mises Institute South Africa defends the market economy, private property, sound money, and peaceful international relations. We believe government intervention is economically and socially destructive. This is our blog.
Help the cause of economic liberty and peace in Africa
Follow us on twitter
Like us on Facebook
Recent blog posts
- Joe Johansen on Don’t forget SARB QE: Part 2
- MarleyMarx on Crisis On The Cape Flats Caused By Decades of Social Engineering
- Daniel on BOE: “Money creation in the modern economy”
- iakovos on New Documentary Explains Global Financial Crisis From the Perspective of the Austrian School of Economics
- Blah on Mandela: The Great Symbol of South Africa’s Unfinished Fight For Liberty
- Say’s Law, Credit Expansion & the Business Cycle March 14, 2014
- Don’t Stop Til You Get Enough December 5, 2013
- Eersteklas ekonomiese satire: Die Petisie van die Kersmakers November 25, 2013
Fraud. Why the Great Recession?
Watch this crowdfunded documentary produced by Austrian school economist Jesus Huerta de Soto, author of "Money, Bank Credit, and Economic Cycles," on what caused the Great Recession. Click to watch it free online.
Tag Archives: keynes
Per Bylund on Twitter a few weeks back flagged some recent commentary by Professor Steven Kates on Say’s Law. I found Kates’ comments fascinating and I certainly think Say’s Law and its derivatives offers extremely fruitful analytical and theoretical opportunities … Continue reading
I was listening to the radio yesterday. The presenter was interviewing the minister of tourism, Marthinus van Schalkwyk, Kortbroek himself. A caller phoned in, a guesthouse owner, complaining about how much worse the sector has turned since the 2010 FIFA … Continue reading